Today I join with other bloggers who devote space on their site each Thursday to gratefully acknowledge the Lord’s providences and blessings of the past week. I thank the Lord for…
- His Faithfulness. God is so faithful to hear and answer prayer. My husband has been working diligently to procure a position as a firefighter and a couple of weeks ago was offered a position. We were able to attend his graduation from fire academy where he asked me to ceremonially pin on his badge. Very proud of him and very thankful to God for this blessing.
- Surprises. After that long day of graduation festivities, my sweet husband surprised me with reservations at the hotel we stayed at before our honeymoon. We happened to be close by for the graduation and he knew that I would enjoy a little “stay-cation.” I did! The hotel is a restored castle and is absolutely beautiful. We got to spend a wonderful day together in the gorgeous spring weather. Speaking of spring…
- Spring Weather. I feel like I talk about the weather as much as I talk about family on Thankful Thursday. But I feel like C.S. Lewis in that I see God’s glory in “the quiddity of things”–the “this-ness.” The essence. I’ve been known to declare each new season that begins to be my favorite. Spring is my new favorite. I’m blessed to live in a place that actually experiences four seasons for the most part. We’ve had thunderstorms, light breeze, sunshine, and budding blooms.
- My mom. I already told her on Mother’s day that I’m thankful for her, but for the record I still am! She’s the greatest. I got to enjoy spending a lovely “girl’s day” with her last weekend which included a high tea, shopping, and manicures. Good times.
- Wellness. I’m getting there. I mentioned on the Facebook page that part of the reason I haven’t been posting regularly is that I’m fighting some sickness. Not sure what it is exactly, but I’m finally starting to feel better. Thank you LORD.
- Spontaneity. Even though I haven’t been feeling that well, my husband and I have been able to have several spontaneous adventures in the past couple of weeks. We’ve attended a concert (unplanned), stayed at a hotel overnight, and saw a midnight movie premier! I know these kinds of things would be more difficult or impossible if we had children or were in different financial circumstances. So I’m grateful to enjoy the stage we are at right now.
Arise, shine, for your light has come,
and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you.
What are you thankful for today?