Today I join with other bloggers who devote space on their site each Thursday to gratefully acknowledge the Lord’s providences and blessings of the past week. I thank the Lord for…
- My Husband. He is just patently awesome. I could name off all the things he has done for me (and others) in the past week, but he is more to me than what he does. He is a constant and faithful friend, like Christ. Also, we are both so thankful to God for the new firefighting job he has been offered this week! It has been a long journey for him and God has been faithful.
- Prayer. Today is our National Day of Prayer for these United States. I’m thankful that we have this designated day to join together as believers for our nation. I’m thankful for the effectiveness of prayer to change my heart and attitude toward things. I’m thankful for a sovereign God who hears prayers. And I’m so thankful He is a loving Father who knows how to give good gifts to His children.
- New Houses. Not for me, mind you, but for my momma. We helped her move this past weekend and I’m thankful for God’s provision for her! It’s a beautiful new place. Check out her awesome remodeling:
- Memories. Because my mom moved, we were forced to go through all of my dad’s clothes and decide what to keep and what to donate. We were all kind of dreading it, but it actually turned out to be a good time. My dad’s clothes brought back many good memories and all of us were able to keep some items that were special to us. I’m thankful for these memories.
- VBS. I’m excited that our church is going to be hosting Vacation Bible School for the kiddos this summer. My younger sis and I are in charge of learning the hand-motions/choreography for the praise and worship songs to teach to the kids. Not gonna lie, I love VBS.
And my God will supply every need of yours
according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
What are you thankful for today?