Today I join with other bloggers who devote space on their site each Thursday to gratefully acknowledge the Lord’s providences and blessings of the past week. I thank the Lord for…
- Elders. Last night we had the most wonderful meeting at church. We called it an “All Community Group Gathering” where everyone in a small group was invited to come to the church together for some food and fellowship, worship and testimonies, and prayer for one another. It was so incredibly encouraging to hear what God has done in peoples’ lives through community groups. My husband and I just joined a young adults community group and as a group we decided we’d do a “joint testimony” where each of us stood up and honored a specific elder in the church who has influenced and been a Godly example to us. Tears abounded. It was beautiful. I honored one of our senior members who is continually praying, especially for the sick, and visiting them in the hospital. How grateful I am for our elders!
- Social Media. I, like many of you, tend to have a love/hate relationship with social media most of the time. But this week it has blessed me. Many people have encouraged me through Twitter and Facebook. You’re probably seeing this post right now through one of those social mediums. It really is a gift from God when used properly and for His glory.
- Snow. Yes, it annoyed me when it kept coming down, but I know our high-&-dry state needed it badly. I’m thankful for increased snowpack that hopefully will keep us wet through the summer. Droughts affect everyone.
- Children, specifically babies. I love hanging out with my niece and nephew whenever I get the chance. They are hilarious. Also a couple in our church recently (well I guess not so recently, November) had a new baby girl and her mama dresses her so cute every. Single. Weekend. This couple usually sits behind us in church and it’s a joy to hear her little gurgle noises during the sermon. It just sounds like life, you know? And I’m thankful for new life, both physically and spiritually.
- Food. Have I mentioned that I love to eat? Some people would argue otherwise because I’m rather skinny (I’ve always been that way…sorry?) and I tend to have a small appetite as far as portions go. BUT that doesn’t stop me from loving good food. I’ve been enjoying Aimee Byrd’s posts at Housewife Theologian as she reads through The Ongoing Feast; so many wonderful themes of feasting with Jesus! I may have to pick that one up. Anyhow, I’m thankful for the common grace of scrumptious food.
So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone,
and especially to those who are of the household of faith.
What are you thankful for today?