Oops, it’s Friday already but I’m still thankful for what the Lord has done over the past week. So today I thank the Lord for…
- Friends. We’ve been blessed to open our home to several friends this week. I’m thankful to have a home and food and seating to offer people. I’m thankful that they enjoy coming over and eating my husbands cooking. I’m thankful for a husband who is an excellent cook!
- Biblical Expositional Preaching. Our pastor is faithful to the Word and it is such a joy to my soul. Even though I read during the week, I still come on the weekends like a dry sponge and soak up the Gospel-saturated, Biblical teaching. God’s grace through Jesus Christ is the only thing that satisfies.
- My Great-Grandmother (Memama). This year she will be, I believe, 93 years old. She lives out of state, so I don’t get to see her much (Lord willing, I will next year), but she’s still a blessing to me. She sent me a giftcard for Christmas which I used to buy these pretty plates that grace my “Spring Mantle.” I picked them especially because they looked like something she would like. I was able to facetime with her and she confirmed that she did. Such a sweet spirit.
Here’s Wendy enjoying the “Spring Mantle”–yeah, she couldn’t care less:
- Livestreaming. Specifically the Gospel Coalition 2013 National Conference live stream. I realize this takes time and money and I so appreciate them for doing it. I didn’t catch much, but what I did catch was phenomenal. I can’t wait until all the audio is available for what I missed. My favorite, at this point, has to be Tim Keller’s “Resurrection” teaching.
- Roots. In keeping with my blog’s name, I was thankful this week for the example of my parents marriage. My dad passed away last November, and this week they would have celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary. I’m deeply thankful for the Christ-like love and sacrifice they demonstrated and the seeds of God’s word they planted and cultivated in my life.
Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him,
rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught,
abounding in thanksgiving.
What are you thankful for today?