Today I join with other bloggers who devote space on their site each Thursday to gratefully acknowledge the Lord’s providences and blessings of the past week. I thank the Lord for…
- Resurrection. This past weekend we celebrated Good Friday and Easter Sunday with the rest of Christendom. I admit that I was under a lot of stress at the time trying to organize people and music to make sure things came together properly. But I look back with much gratefulness for the opportunity to celebrate, for the momentous historical events we celebrated, and for its implications to me and everyone! I heard an awesome quote from Elyse Fitzpatrick that has been ringing in my ears: “The resurrection was the Father’s ‘Amen’ to the Son’s ‘It is finished.'” What an amazing time of year. I kind of want to stay in it, like a swimming pool, and soak up some more of the goodness.
- Baptisms. Speaking of swimming pools, I’m also thankful that we get to witness several adults and children be water baptized this coming weekend at church. I start to tear up just thinking about it. I watched this video and it made me even more excited. God is so good and so merciful!
- Spring Break. Even though I don’t get one because I’m a stinky grown-up, my younger sis and little niece had one and that allowed us to do some fun family things during the week.
- Dog Parks. They make it easy to socialize the Wendy girl. Also the weather was beautiful this weekend, so we were able to get out and enjoy it.
- Family. I don’t know how many times I’m allowed to say “family” on Thankful Thursday before it gets redundant, but seriously what’s greater? My older sister blessed us all by planning, cooking, and serving all of Easter lunch–this was for 10 adults and 2 kids! She made amazing food and did everything with such grace. (She’s also starting a fitness blog, which I will link to as soon as its up and running!) I praise God for each member of my precious family.
It is good to give thanks to the Lord,
to sing praises to your name, O Most High;
to declare your steadfast love in the morning,
and your faithfulness by night.
What are you thankful for today?