Today I join with other bloggers who devote space on their site each Thursday to gratefully acknowledge the Lord’s providences and blessings of the past week. I thank the Lord for…
- Provision. My husband and I are always looking to steward our resources more wisely so that we can use them for God’s glory, but I am thankful right now that we have enough. I’m also thankful that my mom closed on a new house!
- Good books. I recently finished a great fiction book which I’ve been debating whether or not to write a “review” of …perhaps I will since I see your eager faces. And now I’ve just begun a superb nonfiction. Unlike many of my blogger friends, I don’t read very quickly and I don’t multi-task well. It’s been a good discipline for me to rotate fiction and nonfiction and by the grace of God my nightstand stack is getting smaller. 🙂
- Spring. Longer days and slightly warmer temperatures are starting to put a hop in my step—Easter bunny pun not intended.
- Music. What a gift to both listen to and create music. Everyone who works alongside me on our music team at church are blessings as well.
- Working vehicles. Forgot to update that both vehicles are back in commission. I’m very thankful for both that and my husband’s diligence and thoughtfulness in cleaning out the garage so I can park in it again.
- Grace. God’s grace is sufficient for me these last few days of March 2013 and his power is made perfect in weakness. I am dependent on Him to do the work He has called me to do at my jobs and in my home. I’m confident He will give me my “daily bread” as I’m faithful to ask for it.
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing,
give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
What are you thankful for today?