- I’m thankful for democracy. Wasn’t that a spectacular display of our civil process yesterday with the Rand Paul filibuster? I actually watched C-SPAN for a little while. I guess because I watched it and because everyone was talking about it, it “worked.” Very cool.
- I’m thankful for my husband beginning training this week for what we hope will be new employment for him!
- I’m thankful for my niece and nephew. If you don’t have any, let me tell you, nieces and nephews are the best. This weekend we went to the zoo. I don’t know what was more fun to watch, the animal’s antics or my little niece and nephews’ faces light up at each new exhibit. They are 5 and 3 years old, respectively, and they are on a new kick of “telling stories” at the dinner table. Hysterical.
- I’m thankful to live in this wonderful city that annually offers what we call “5280 Week.” It’s so popular they’ve extended it to two weeks now, but anyway–because it’s the “Mile High City” (5,280 ft), during these weeks many, if not most, of Denver’s top notch restaurants offer a dinner menu at the set price of $52.80 per couple. This is a killer deal for some of the fancy-shmancy restaurants in town. We are blessed to be able to go out to two restaurants this time.
- I’m thankful the sun came out yesterday and reminded me that spring WILL come. I’m even thankful to “spring forward” this weekend. Even thought it’s artificial, I love longer days and more sunlight. Aslan is on the move!
- I’m thankful that the Holy Spirit helps me find things to be thankful for. Is gratefulness a fruit of the Spirit? (lovejoypeacepatiencekindness..nnn…mmmm) Nope. But it is. Doing this is so good for me because I can’t really do it on my own. I’m so thankful for the LORD directing my thoughts toward His blessings (instead of what I consider my difficulties).