Today is “Thankful Thursday” and wouldn’t you know it, I’ve thought of every reason to not be thankful today, which is the very reason I have written this post.
- I’m thankful for one working vehicle and a handy husband who is able to fix the other. I’m thankful to have two vehicles even though one is out of commission.
- I’m thankful for the “together time” for my husband and I created by only having only one running vehicle.
- I’m thankful that the LORD is our healer and that He hears our prayers. I’m thankful that He preserves life and brings bodies back to wholeness.
- I’m thankful we were able to spend time with family from out of town over President’s Day weekend while my cousin competed in a hockey tournament. I’m also thankful my cousin’s team won the tournament! What fun it was to see them in action.
- I’m thankful for the exceptionally beautiful weather we enjoyed over the weekend before the snow hit.
- I’m thankful to have celebrated another birthday this week and for all the gifts/texts/tweets/Facebook messages I received. This was the first birthday I’ve celebrated without my dad and it made me terribly sad, but I am thankful for the gift of life he and my mom gave me. And I’m grateful for all the birthdays I got to celebrate with him during his life.
See, who am I kidding? I have oodles to be thankful for. Thank you LORD for your many blessings.