I’ve been thinking about “Thankful Thursday” all week long, so these will probably seem like a random conglomeration of things, but oh well. Here we go, Thankful Thursday “Random” Edition:
- I’m thankful for our house. It’s so nice to come home after you’ve been away, no matter how lovely the trip. On a related note, I’m also thankful for our neighbors. I used to live in an apartment complex with noisy neighbors and I’m so very thankful that our current neighbors are not only quiet and respectful but also kind and generous! Thank God for great neighbors!
- I’m thankful for free speech. Did you know that I can write anything I want on this blog, anything at all, and it cannot be censored or blocked? It’s amazing! I’m afraid I take for granted my own ability to communicate freely and to read/hear/watch others freely. Thank God for the First Amendment.
- I’m thankful for this Bible study:
Becoming a Woman of Purpose by Cynthia Heald has been wonderful for my private study. It would be delightful in a group setting but I just dove in on my own and I’ve been so blessed. I confess that I was in the middle of a rather weighty, “in-depth” study of Exodus when my dad passed away and then afterwards didn’t feel I had the emotional energy to continue. So I picked up this devotional study and it has refreshed my soul. I hope you don’t judge me too harshly for “giving up” on my tougher study, I do plan to go back and finish it. But this absolutely has been the right thing for me in this season.
- I’m thankful for the conviction of the Holy Spirit that just keeps at me and keeps at me. How I need it! And how thankful I am that He doesn’t give up on me even when I feel I’m a lost cause.
- I’m thankful for my church family and especially my pastor. It’s an unspeakable blessing to have people and pastors who are always “in your corner.” And to have a church that is committed to faithfully and rightly handling the word of truth is something worth performing a happy jig over, in my opinion 🙂