It seems like it was a “heavy” week out there on the interwebs, but there was so much wisdom and grace in it as well. These are a few articles that really affected my heart:
1. Life Lessons at Thirty – “Loss and tragedy have a way of forcing you out of the carefree, naïve days of childhood whether you’re ready or not.” Kalle Stinson discusses how the glory of Jesus shines in your life through trials and affliction.
2. Should You Abort? – In an open letter to anyone considering abortion, Jessalyn Hutto lovingly and graciously shares her own pain and experience in the loss of her unborn children and begs this person to reconsider.
3. God Came Down – Juanita Stauffer shares the story of the tragic murder of her 14 year old daughter. She shares about fighting bitterness and doubt and how God’s sovereignty brought her peace in her suffering.
On a somewhat lighter note:
4. 10 Things I Wish I Would Have Known Before Leading Worship – I thought this was a good list, especially the one about making assumptions about what your congregation does and doesn’t understand. I still need to work on that.
5. The Secret to Ministry – Paul Tripp has the answer. You’re going to have to read it to find out.
The stuff you learn beforehand will never be one-tenth as useful
as the stuff you learn along the way.
Photo credit: MB Photography